Present: Richard Ballard, Kathy Norem, Rik Ritzler, Chris Lawrence, Karl Swihart, Attorney Lucas
- The meeting was called to order by Mr. Ballard at 6:00 p.m. and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- Kathy Norem made a motion to approve the minutes from the November 9th, 2021 meeting. Chris Lawrence seconded.
- Chris Lawrence made a motion to approve the financial report. Kathy Norem seconded.
- Marc Vendl gave his superintendent’s report. He mentioned that thankfully there was no damage from the storms at the Bass Lake Beach and Campground. He and a few campers did leaf clean up at the campground. Marc has been applying for grants to financially assist to get the beach house in working order. Marc and Kathy discussed their meeting with the Koontz Lake Lions Club and possibly the park board taking over the Koontz Lake Lions Park. Marc discussed with the board the options they have as far as trash pickup services at the beach and campground with Republic Services. Marc gave an update on the pump at the campground.
- Marc Vendl presented to the board a report of the 2022 budget status with a breakdown of expected income and costs. Kathy Norem mentioned that there is a need for a new park board attorney and the board discussed their options. Kathy Norem gave a report on area campgrounds as to what they charge and the amenities they offer. After various discussions about raising rates or not, Chris Lawrence made a motion to accept Mark’s budget as presented. Rik Ritzler seconded.
- Rik Ritzler gave an update on the park board’s logo. He showed a few different options. The board decided on what logo to choose. Rik Ritzler made a motion to accept the logo with a few minor changes. Karl Swihart seconded.
- Marc Vendl gave an update on the 5 year plan. He mentioned that there were new questions put out for responses that would be available for two weeks and then they would move forward from there.
- Martin Lucas discussed options for the Mediacom contract. Rik Ritzler made a motion to accept the contract with Mediacom. Chris Lawrence seconded.
- Kathy Norem presented a distribution form from the Starke County Community Foundation which will change the account to a permanent account to be used for the Veteran’s Memorial. President Richard Ballard signed the form for the fund distribution.
- Chris Lawrence made a motion to accept the vendor claims. Rik Ritzler seconded.
- Attorney Lucas entered the property analysis at Koontz Lake into the record and it was discussed.
The meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.