Present: Richard Ballard, Rosie Rose, Steve Ritzler, Christopher Lawrence, Mark Simpkins, and Attorney Lucas
- The meeting was called to order by Mr. Ballard at 6:00 p.m. and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- The minutes of the July meeting were presented and approved.
- Commissioner Kathy Norem discussed how the Website meeting on August 11th went and what plans are in the works towards finalizing the website. There will be
a forest page, veterans monument page, and a projects page. Talked about offering The Stellar Group a page because most projects they are doing are parks and recreational. Next meeting the website company will show the draft of the website.
- Discussion regarding the Starke County Park Board meeting next month being moved to September 15 2020 due to Labor Day.
- Discussion of the 5-year plan, Commissioner Norem presented the Starke County Park Board budget to County Council and they have tentatively approved the budget as requested. However, it has not been finalized at this time.
.D. There was further discussion of the kayak launch project. There were two proposals presented for a feasibility study the board voted to hire Jones Petrie Rafinski to conduct the study.
- Commissioner Kathy Norem gave a detailed report on the progress on the Veterans’ Monument. From her report it appears that the memorial will be an extremely attractive addition to the county and that it should be finished on time. The park board would like to thank all those who have volunteered their labor and time to bring this project to completion.
- Rik Anderson reported to the Park Board that we have received the permit allowing glacial stone along the shoreline around Bass Lake beach, in attempt to stop the erosion on the shoreline. Attorney Lucas requested-estimates for the cost
of that project to be presented to board so the board might be able to take action in the future.
- The meeting was adjourned at 6:35 p.m.